There are lots of things to consider when you are choosing the right forklift for your application. One of the first decisions you must make is what type of power your lift truck will run on…electric, LP, CNG (compressed natural gas), gasoline, or diesel.
While we will discuss the other types of power in separate blog posts, this article focuses on LP forklifts.
LP forklifts offer a cleaner, quieter alternative to gas or diesel-powered lift trucks and can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Flexibility – LP forklifts can be used indoors or outdoors which makes them a great option for facilities that are moving materials inside and outside. With the right tires, LP forklifts can operate on virtually any surface, including pavement, gravel, dirt, snow, etc.
- Easy to change a tank – Changing tanks is easy to do and can even be done remotely. It is also faster than charging a battery.
- LP fuel gives consistent power throughout the shift, regardless of how long its been in operation or what the temperature/humidity is.
- Environmental issues: LP is a fossil fuel, which is not an option in some applications.
- Fluctuating fuel costs: The price for LP can fluctuate.
- Overall operating cost: LP forklifts are less expensive upfront than electric, but if you plan to keep the equipment for more than two years, an electric lift truck will ultimately have an overall lower operating cost.
- Sound pollution: LP forklifts create internal combustion, which does cause some noise. However, some people feel that the noise is actually a benefit because it makes pedestrians more aware that a forklift is nearby.
Call our sales team at 800.435.2449 to discuss what type of forklift is best for your application.
As an award-winning forklift dealership that serves Canton, Akron, Kent, Ravenna, Medina, and Uniontown, and 12 counties in northeastern Ohio, Williams Toyota Lift sells, services, leases, and rents new and used lift trucks, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, and vertical mast lifts. We stock more than 100,000 parts and tires for forklifts and other material handling equipment. We offer financing, training, forklift maintenance plans, and warehousing solutions.
Year after year, Williams Toyota Lift is recognized by Toyota Material Handling USA for our unsurpassed dedication to providing our customers with the highest quality service.
With a large inventory of forklifts and utility vehicles, we are able to serve our customers throughout 12 Ohio counties, including: Stark, Summit, Portage, Medina, Columbiana, Holmes, Wayne, Tuscarawas, Coshocton, Carroll, Jefferson, and Harrison.
Call us today at 800.435.2449.